Friday, September 28, 2012

Changes

Hello everyone!


I decided I will be making some changes.


1.  I will be going back to doing Turbo Jam instead of Turbo Fire for now.  I am really starting to have trouble keeping up now that Turbo Fire is starting to get hard, and I want to be able to make the most of my workouts (keep good form, perform the movements full-out, yada yada).

2.  A friend and I were talking last night that we are both having trouble with our weight, eating habits, and what not.  (This week I have STILL been bad. I'm embarrassed!) I am trying to keep the words "fat pig" "cow" and whatever other negative talk out of my vocabulary (which is quite hard in this case.).  So, she and I are going to be on each other's asses with this.

3. I will be making baby steps to eat better.  Apparently I am too slow-brained to jump into a strict eating plan right away.  So, as discussed with my friend mentioned earlier, I will only be counting calories at this time.  Of course, I will be making sensible food choices whenever possible, but I am not going to count carbs/protein/fat and turning myself into more of a psycho than I already am.  Why just calories?  That is the basic, bare-bones way to lose weight.  Remember the Twinkie diet guy?


The Twinkie Diet guy is actually a professor who ate various junk foods every day (also some vegetables and other food) who lost 27 pounds in 10 weeks. Why?  He made sure he stayed at a certain calorie level every day.  Why did he do this?  To perform a little experiment to see if calorie counting is really the way to go.  And, as he showed, that is a proven way to lose weight. Low carb works too, but I'll get to that in a minute.

4. Why am I not counting carbs and stuff?  I actually do not have any kind of medical condition (diabetes, metabolic syndrome, thyroid problems, etc) that would prevent me from losing weight the old fashioned way.  I just never actually TRIED for very long.  Also, they have done several studies on low carb vs low calorie diets.  Guess what they found?  Even though the low carb dieters sometimes saw an initial big weight loss, in the end, both groups lost pretty much the same amount of weight.  Yep! That's right!  If you think about it, a lot of carbohydrate containing food is high in calories too, because the average person eats way too much of it for their needs.  Another friend of mine lost a pant size and 10 pounds in 3 months eating nothing but junk (pizza, etc) and taking walks at night.  Even I lost a lot of weight eating pizza all the time and keeping within my calorie limit (like 5 years ago) and staying active. 

5. MyFitnessPal has a function where it tells you how many calories you need based on many factors, age/weight/ etc.  It also gives you extra calories you can eat if you work out.  My goal is to use as little of those extra calories as possible. 

So, we're going back to basics because I want to see if I can stick to it when it's as "dumbed-down" as possible. 

Sorry for the long post but I thought I'd update all of you~! 

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment